How It Works?
At Mouse Knows, there is quite a simple process involved in our £120 WordPress based website design service…
1) Theme Choice
There are many more premium WordPress themes which are available from 3rd party providers and which cost between £1 and £50. If you would like to investigate other possible themes, please have a look at Theme Forest which offer 1,000s of themes for all tastes. If you would like to use one of these themes, due to copyright restrictions, you would have to purchase the theme from Theme Forest, and we would then be able to create your website using it. Please note, if such a theme is required, its purchase would not be within the scope of the £120 package price paid to us.
2) Information Gathering
We request all our web design clients to provide some general information including…
- A copy of your Company logo design, or text for your company name and tagline if you do not have a logo and would prefer a text based design.
- Page titles for the pages of your website. Within our standard package we can create either…
- 4 standard pages, plus a Contact page (including a contact form and Google map if required) or…
- 3 standard pages, plus a fully featured Blog page, plus a Contact page (including a contact form and Google map if required)
- If you would like more pages on your website, there are the following options…
- Once the standard sized site has been built by us, we give you access to the WordPress admin system which will enable you to add any number of additional pages, at no additional cost.
- Alternatively, if you would prefer us to add the extra pages for you during the initial build, we can do this for a small additional fee per page.
- Text for each of the pages of your website.
- Photos for inclusion on the Homepage and other pages of your website.
3) Deposit Payment
Before proceeding with the actual design work, we would require a 50% deposit payment of the total project value (£60 for a standard package).
In terms of payment, we can accept payment online using either Paypal or Google Checkout, of if you would prefer to pay by cheque, this is fine, but we would have to wait until the cheque was received and cleared into our account before proceeding with the website creation.
4) Initial Website Creation
Once we have received the above info, our web designers will create a development version of your whole website for approval. You can then request any amendments necessary, until you are happy with the final version.
In terms of timescale, from receiving the info for a website, it will usually only take 1-3 days to create the full website, and even if amendments are required, most of the WordPress web design projects we undertake are completed within 1 week.
5) Final Payment
Once you are happy with the development version of your website, we will require the balance payment for your project.
Again, in terms of payment, we can accept payment online using either Paypal or Google Checkout, of if you would prefer to pay by cheque, this is fine, but we would have to wait until the cheque was received and cleared into our account before proceeding to make your website live.
6) Go Live
Once we have received your final balance payment, we can make your website live straight away. The process for doing so would be as follows…
- Before a website can be made live, a domain will need to be registered for your Company. As most clients prefer to retain full ownership over their Company domain, it is usually best if the client registers the domain themselves. We can provide full info and advice on the best ways to register domains for your company.
- Once your domain has been registered, it needs to be pointed to our webservers to make the site live and so that any email accounts can be setup. Again we will be happy to advice on how to do this.
- As soon as the domain has been pointed to our servers, we will make the new site live and setup the following…
- Upto 2 email accounts or forwarding of email to other email accounts (GMail etc).
- WordPress administration system, so that you can…
- Update the textual contents of your website.
- Upload photos and other files (PDFs etc) to your site.
- Add new pages or blog entries to your site.
- Implement Blog, Photo Gallery or Portfolio functionality on your site (availability of such functionality would depend on the theme chosen).
- Setup Online Statistics for your website so you can see how many visitors are viewing your site and where they are coming from.
7) Ongoing Hosting
Once your website is live, our standard WordPress Web Design Package includes 12 months of free website hosting.
After the 1st 12 months, our charge for hosting for your website is only £50 per annum.